See our interview on Video here!
Alexis Avila talks host of The Prepped & Polished podcast talks to Elizabeth Dankoski
For the past 15 years, Elizabeth has worked as a private college consultant, helping students get into incredible schools: Harvard, MIT, Columbia, Yale, Caltech, Dartmouth, and many, many others. Elizabeth has a Bachelors from Wellesley College Magna Cum Laude. Elizabeth is founder of the Dream School Project, a powerful mentoring program created for high-achieving high school students who want to get into the school of their dreams. Elizabeth created The Dream School Project as an antidote to all of the anxiety and stress around the admissions process.
On today’s episode, Elizabeth gives her take on college admissions mania and based on her experience, what it REALLY takes to get into elite colleges.
Get the book “How to be a High School Superstar” by Cal Newport. If you want to get into top schools, you need to be INTERESTING
Elizabeth’s next enrollment into her mastermind group is early 2016. Spaces fill up quickly! Her mastermind helps kids find mentors and find opportunities to find interests and flourish.
Two college admissions myths:
- Your grades don’t have to be perfect. If you spend too much time on perfection you don’t have time to distinguish yourself.
- Just because an elite college is a top 20 in the US News Rankings, it doesn’t mean it’s necessarily the right FIT school for you.
Elizabeth’s Three Take home tips:
- Ask yourself what do you love to do and how can I make an impact
- Find a mentor (seek an older person who can help you think BIGGER)
- Go out there and DO what interests you
For more information, visit: Prepped and Polished.com.
Please rate, review and subscribe to the show on iTunes!
What was your biggest takeaway from this podcast? Do you have any questions for Elizabeth Dankoski and Alexis Avila?
Post your comments below: